SQL Services Australia
- SQL Services Australia is a SQL Server consulting business operating out of Sydney with a regular presence in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Canberra and Melbourne. However, we can travel anywhere if the client is willing to cover any travel expenses.
- The main service we provide is database optimisation. If you are concerned about any aspect of the performance you are getting from your database, we are here to help you get your database performing at its very best. In most instances we will be able to significantly improve your database's performance, and in some instances we can get an increase of up to 1000 times.
- We can also help your organisation recover from a disaster such as hardware failure, user error and site failure. It is easier for all involved if you call us before this happens and we will assist you to implement a full backup and recovery system to ensure you can recover quickly and with minimal data loss if disaster strikes.
- We specialise in Microsoft SQL Server databases, specifically SQL Server 2005 and higher. We don't work with earlier versions, and believe you shouldn't either: the older versions simply aren't as good, and we cannot offer the best solutions without the best software.
- For clients with older versions of SQL we can help migrate your database to SQL Server 2008 as part of a larger optimisation or recovery strategy. We do understand that your business might have compelling reason to stay with an older version.
Why choose us?
- Databases are all we do. We are not programmers, we don't set up SANs, we just do SQL, and we do it well.
- Our optimisation strategy has been compiled from years of operational DBA experience.
- Our lead DBA has been in the industry for more than fifteen years.
- Our DBA's are all operationally experienced. We understand business requirements and tradeoffs in costs, but we will let you know what you are trading off.
- We will save you money. A good in-house DBA costs more than $80,000 a year if you can find
one. For a single SQL Server that may not meet your budget.
- After the initial contact we prefer to work remotely. That way when it is 3 in the morning on the first of the month and your financial database just crashed halfway through the end of month run you don't have to wait for us to get there.
- MS SQL
- Database optimisation
- Remote administration
- Disaster recovery
- 15 years of DBA expertise to draw on
If you want to get the best performance from your database or discuss your disaster recovery
options, just contact us.